Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, July 28, 2005
The Lottery!
I finally won the lottery. Yes indeed, I'm 200 NT richer. *laughs* That's about eight dollars Canadian. All I had to do was save all my reicepts from the day I landed in Taiwan and check them against the 4 winning numbers... it's a bigger feat than you might think. And I'm the only foreigner I know who has actually managed to win anything. I took the winnings and bought a new cell-phone case. Which I know I can get for less than half the price in Thailand. *smirks* It's hard not to compare.

Last night I had a late night meeting with my new bosses. I'm coming on board as a teacher & potential management trainee. This puts me in the "exception to the rule" category with the company. (God is good.) This is particularly nice because I couldn't make a decision where I would fit and really wanted to work for this company.We ended up chatting and discussing things until the wee hours of the morning. It's a sign that I'm fond of these people that I'm not complaining about the two am. wrap up time. Then again, what else do I have to do right now?

Keelung - the northern most city in Taiwan will NOT be my new home-base. Instead I'm moving to Ruifang. It's a smaller town just west of Keeling. It is still easily accessible to Taipei by rail for day trips. If you want a beautiful description of the area check THIS out.

I'll be making even less than before, but a room is included in the package at no charge. The only hitch in the moving plans is that the dog and possibly the cat that I'll be living with currently have fleas. After my earlier unpleasant experience I'm opting to stay with other friends until the animals are cured of such pests. I will not willingly subject myself to the torturous bites of fleas again. Funnily enough in addition to my mosquito net I now carry my own supply of flea-powder. (Thanks for the air-mail package.)

Another plus is that they're going to teach me to ride a scooter. I'm looking forward to some kind of vehicular freedom. I knew I would miss my car. It's hard to explore further afield when you have no car especially if you can't tell the taxi driver where you want to go. I've missed months of exploring but I've seen much more than other teachers in the country.

So possibly as early as tonight or tomorrow morning I'll be shipping myself, my 3 suitcases and now 2 boxes of books to my friend's spare room to be a live-in guest for a week or so. It should be interesting considering that the new baby will be arriving home on the 4th or 5th of August. I've never lived in a house with a new-born before. I expect that he will be waking the household at all manner of odd hours. Strangely, I look forward to it. I'm getting wierd in Asia?!

My best to all,
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker