Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Green Island
The toddler's T-shirt reads, "Green Island is Hotter than Hell." I laugh as I look at it in the gift-shop. Gavin is grinning from ear to ear and I suspect he heartily agrees with the sentiment. It has been one interesting trip. The travel agent rents you a scooter that never appears, but hey in interest of saving face, you accept two bicycles instead. Somewhere in the mind-boggling heat you cease to care that you just got ripped off to the tune of $20 cdn. *shrugs* It's all good as they say in Canada.

This morning I sang Gavin a happy birthday rendition that I'm moderately embarassed about. Then we pedalled the bikes down the west side of the island that was still in merciful shade at 6:40 in the morning. On the way back to port, we traipsed through the coral shallows and I was astonished to see flourescent fish. :) It was really quite neat. I was glad that we could make use of the bikes before the day's heat hit.

Back at the hotel, I sent Gavin out to get a little snack breakfast before we were ferried one at a time on scooters to the dive centre. Yup, I was going to tackle my fear of going face-down in water to go snorkelling.

Snorkelling was amazing. Were there fish? Big fish. Little fish. Colourful fish. Funny fish. Long fish. All kinds of amazing fish. I can not begin to tell you what fascinating critters we saw or how stunning the beauty of the ocean floor was. Green Island supports a healthy coral reef that I found beautiful although other divers have claimed that Thailand is better. Whatever the case, it was my first snorkelling trip and I am very happy to have had it and even better proud of my ability to face my fear of water. I assure you there was no touching bottom in the ocean once we were out there.

Gavin is reading over my shoulder as I whip off this blog. We are currently ensconsced in the Ambassador Hotel awaiting the next wonderful typhoon (TALIM). Gavin's first typhoon and nature's little present. I'm sure we'll weather okay. I have a lot of faith in the fact that Taiwan has been through these things more often than I.

Love and Hugs to All.
T. Destiny
Traipsing around Taiwan.

We also found Nemo!!!!!!  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker