Well, he's finally here. Gavin in the flesh. After having a pen pal for eight years it feels so normal to talk to him face to face. Really I like spending time with him more than I thought I would. We kind of hit it off right off the bat and I'm very happy for that. The only problem is that he's leaving in what seems like such a short time. Last week two weeks felt like forever and now it is just a simple heartbeat away. Arg.
Poor ol' Gavin is currently experiencing the joys of Taiwan water. Read: we don't leave the vicinity of a bathroom for more than 30 minutes at a time. However, I expect by the time we climb on a plane to Thailand or a train to Hualien or Kenting that he'll be feeling better.
I just finished observing somebody else's class in Keelung and it made me feel a lot better about what I've been going through. True to form, I'm always harder on myself than I need to be. I recognize some things I could be doing better in class and somethings that I just can not control or change in the 2 short weeks that I've been at the school. So, even though spending today in a classroom took away from my precious G. Time I'm better off for it. Besides, you can't expect the poor lad to hang out with me ALL the time. *grins*
Well all, be well I'm thinking of you fondly. Shared pictures of my family, EIDO and Riley's with G. today and told him the most interesting stories. ... were they about you?????
Love and Hugs,
T. Destiny
Trotting through Taipei.