The time I'm spending in Hualien with Gavin is proving to be much more enjoyable than travelling on my own. We have spent the whole day today just chatting, sharing cold tea, and walking the streets of Hualien. It feels so good to be without stress or worry and to have someone to spend the day with.
Today I was practicing my "english" accent by copy-catting G's speech. We both had a grand time giggling about the huge differences between North American and British English. He uses words that seem to me to be archaic and I find myself very glad that I have a large vocabulary. I didn't really think that the language was so diverse over the continents.
The weather is Taiwan's normal hot, hot, hot. I feel for G. trying to acclimatize to this brain-bending heat. I don't even feel most of it anymore except when I'm tired or hungry. I guess I've been a tad mothering by making sure that he is always more hydrated than I am.
I've come to the conclusion that itineraries are for people who don't like each other. Gavin and I don't seem to need outside entertatinment to have a good time. The thought that we may not make it to Thaliand doesn't bother me at all. I'm content to finally connect with someone who has always just been an e-mail away.
More later.
Blessed be,
T. Destiny