Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Sunday, September 11, 2005
Taipei Zoo
My eyes weren't yet open and I could hear the purr of my airconditioner. The thought of another day of blistering heat curled me up in bed a little tighter. When I dared to crack open a window I was delighted to find the day dawned cool, cloudy and fresh. Yet, all I could think is "I want CANADA."

I padded into the kitchen only to find the boiled water was dry. After a moment of cursing frustration I focused on peeling a pomello which is like a giant grapefruit in a very thick green skin. By the time I was done that the water had boiled anew and I sat down to a breakfast of fruit and a nice peanut butter sandwhich. I shared my repast with one of my roommates and enjoyed a little banter before making a bee-line for the apartment door with my knapsack. My mission: get out of the grey and into the green. Destination: Unknown.

I ended up at the zoo... it was great and lifted my spirits.
More on that later. Internet time is up.
Best to all.
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker