Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Wednesday, September 14, 2005
235 - Trying to teach too hard
Teacher. Teacher! Teacher!!!!

Too many students all seem to think I'm a super-teacher who can divide my attentions in 5 different ways at once and make them all understand, AND maintain my sanity. *laughing* I guess I should take it as a compliment.

I was thinking last night that maybe it's more important for these kids to develop a LIKE for the language rather than a firm grasp on the fundamentals of grammar. Granted, I'm paid to make them understand but when shower is explained and then translated to Chinese 3 times and they don't get "the shower is cold." then I start to lose my mind a little. I just got out of the rambunctious class where there are two bright students who can't spell but are bored with the work because it's below their speaking level... I'm going to try a class where there's no talking. HA HA HA. I think I've lost my sanity.

More later.
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker