NERTS!
My singular thought when I saw the clock said 9:03 am this morning was not a good one. I was struggling all weekend to catch up on lost sleep. Obviously by one am this morning as I was climbing out of the shower I knew I had failed in that endeavor. However, the cause for being in bed late last night was a good one. I had a very important private meeting with one of my bosses. The outcome was that I no longer feel like clocking something or someone on top of the head... for now.
I was 30 minutes late. Fortunately, there was a field trip to a television station that they forgot to tell me about so I didn't miss any teaching time. Unfortunately my throat continues to ache menacingly and I had developed a massive headache on the weekend that made me thankful for painkillers. There has to be a doctors visit in my near future. I've decided. I'll ask my company tonight about funding.
Several good things happened this weekend. One, I got a new (used) cell phone from the company. It looks like it might be servicable and one of my coworkers loaned me a charger to charge the battery. Tonight I find out whether I can retrieve my old cell number. Secondly I got my scooter. I'm very excited by the prospect of scootin' around town on my very own transport. Pictures will follow. Three, I found out that there should be a moving party with me involved on Sunday into Shihjh, the town where I teach. Yes it bites to move out of Taipei central where everybody speaks English but the truth is, that I can no more enjoy it in an exhausted state. The two hours a day I spend commuting just wears me down. I'll choose to skip it, thanks.
If you ever wanted to know more about Taiwan's politics... here's the
man with the blog link that made me absurdly tickled.