Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, September 22, 2005
243 - Counting
I know, those of you who read daily are wondering, "Did she find a way to stay in the country?" And "What happened with that visa?" Yes, I'm still in the country simply because I can't count to 60 reliably. Actually, I can count but I always leave myself an extra day or two when dealing with the politicians here. So I say I need a visa by x-2 days instead of x. The safety margin doesn't seem to have helped much this time.

I vascilate between quiet acceptance and outright irritability over the lack of communication. Losing my phone doesn't help the issue, but they know where I am for almost 10 hours a day (in class). My company is well-meaning but seems to work best on an ALL OUT EMERGENCY scheme. When you scream we'll deal with you? At least they have the listening portion of the communication worked out to a fine art.

I've done a great deal of thinking about this situation. It may turn out that I fly to Hong Kong tonight and return on another 60 day visa, but I don't see why it should be necessary. I know I often worry for no particular reason. However, given my particular place where visas seem to be a hassle I am concerned. Granted the company has "connections." That's an oblique reference to people who know people who work in places. These people should be able to make my residency a piece of cake. After all, I AM legal to work here. The more I think about it the more frustrated I become. I have not learned to simply let it go and walk away. I'm working on cultivating some faith and trust in God.

There is a typhoon off the south coast and the weather is very humid now. There is a rain that reminds me, what it feels like to never be dry. The heat makes everything slightly tacky. I feel sticky like a post-it-note. Just press me against something and I'll be there an hour later.

I have to do some quick lesson prep before my afternoon class. Thanks to those of you who care enough to write and post comments. You are helping to keep my spirits positive.

More on the morrow or when I'm able.
T. Destiny
(Teaching, Travelling, Talking, Traipsing, Torturing little kids. Did I get you on that one?!)

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker