Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, September 20, 2005
241 - I'm on-track, I think...
It's somewhat gratifying to reach the last day of my latest tourist visa in the country. Why do I say that? Because if I do the math I really have been here 240 days. They don't count the day of arrival when it comes to your visa and I lost a day in the air, so it's a little confusting but I'm just 125 days short of being here a whole year. I'm still shifting from foot to foot to see what happens today, but with prayer I hope to stay in the country tonight.

I've been tweaking, adding and fiddling with my photography site. Sorry, the navigation is still a mess. However, I'm terribly pleased with my lotus photos and hope that you'll swing by and view them. I'm going to try adding more photos every week or so, now that I have access to a computer with reliable cd drive.

In another few weeks I'll be able to find out whether I get my free digital camera. A sad discovery that after only 4 short years I have managed to haze my lens on my current digital camera and it throws off the autofocus enough to annoy me now. I've been ignoring or working around it since I noticed it back in July when in Thailand but now I'm ready for a new piece of equipment. The photos are still good but the old lady is no longer enough to keep my toy-hungry-trigger-finger happy. I dare say to keep a digital going for 4 years surpasses most "prosumers" consumption habits.

My scooter is parked in front of my house in Taipei and I'm both thrilled and terrified to touch it. *laughing* You can not possibly imagine what rush hour traffic looks like here. It really is frightening. I'm not sure I'm ready to drive aggressively but that's the only way to keep your skin whole on the road here. I'm going to putz a bit in the evenings when the traffic is lighter before I make the commute.

Wish me luck,
T. Destiny
(Teaching somewhere near Taipei)

Tammy, your lotus photos are stunning.
I bow before you, Digital Diva.

I did a little reading, am concerned about your health. Are you feeling any better?

Hugs, Hazel  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker