Have you ever had one of those moments where you suddenly become very aware of somebody watching you? And then, with a now silent groan, you realize that you were talking to yourself. The blush creeps over your face hotly and you smile wrly at the watcher and shrug, or maybe you make some lame commentary like, "working with computers will do that to you." In the end the person goes away without ever having a real conversation with you and you mentally kick yourself for coming across as a delusional person who talks to themselves. Writing this blog feels exactly like that some days.
It's Monday morning and I'm trying to generate the energy necessary to go try and teach phonics again to the kids. Today is scheduled as song and P.E. day so I can be as lazy or energetic as I need to be. Maybe today I'll just focus on sentance patterns instead. They seem to grasp that a lot faster than phonics. I want them to learn phonics (I've run into to many kids who can't spell later in life) but I need to be in a good mood so it isn't a chore for them or for me.
Best to all my all too silent staring readers.
T. Destiny
_____________________