It's just another Monday morning. The company is dragging its feet and has 'rescheduled' so many things in the last two weeks that I'm not counting anymore. The text messages now just recieve a weak laugh and a shrug instead of wrath and irritation. Whatever. They're obviously on a different kind of time than the rest of the scheduled world.
This weekend was a blend of writing, surfing the internet and writing some more. I'm not quite half way through my book though I hope to be by Tuesday. This will put me on schedule to finish by the deadline. Dr. D. is ticking merrily through his wordcount and I hate days when he doesn't update it as it takes away some of my competitve edge. Who knew writing would be a competition for me? Wierd...
The sky is white and the weather finally feels like fall here. The cool breeze cuts the warmth of the sun that plays peek-a-boo through the smog. It feels like a day to find a tree and read a book. It feels like a day to be outside hugging trees and singing 'the hills are alive'. It does NOT feel like a day to read "Puss in Boots" or teach "The Little Red Hen."
Can you believe in two more months I'll be on a plane going back to North America? I can't. I spent some time thinking about it and it is going to be plain odd for me. Really, even imagining a Calgary street leaves me thinking "how different." My perspective has changed and I'm a little frightened how it will feel to go back and try to integrate into society. Today I feel like coming back to Taiwan for another year. I'm sure I'll waffle both ways for the next couple of months.
All the best to my silent reading masses.
T. Destiny
_____________________