Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, November 08, 2005
290 - The Race
Week two of Nanowrimo and I had my first 30 minutes of sheer dislike of my book. I mean, are these really important issues to discuss? Is the time I'm spending in front of the computer while eating substandard meals going to make my ass bigger? Is writing a book no one will ever read a pointless endeavor? I stuff down the irritation, and the frustration and pick up the keyboard. Unbelievably out comes 1,000 words.

I make a fried egg sandwich and take a break. I look at the computer with loathing. It stares back at me. I check Dr. D's word count. He is 2,000 words ahead of me. It is enough to make my inner competitor grit her teeth. I pick up the keyboard and take a seat in the uncomfortable plastic chair... out comes another 1,000 words. Now I'm only 1,000 behind him. HA HA HA.... my sanity slips into the crazy darkness of the second week.

I care no longer about spelling, dropped capitals or commas - I have a deadline and it must be met. I will not be defeated in my first novel writing adventure. Okay, it isn't my first novel writing adventure... I have 3 UNFINISHED novels rotting somewhere in storage from my efforts in junior high and highschool. This time I will achieve my goal. With no english T.V., newspapers or new books to read, I have little else to do aside from watch the people in the courtyard, and let's face it they're not that interesting.

So, word is that I've finished paying the second of my three student loans. Woooo hoooo. Party in the house. Maybe I'll crack open one of the boxes of Reese's Pieces early. If it keeps me writing, I'll do it.

I'm craving coffee. I'll make do with some ovaltine. I discovered the packages on sale in the local grocery store. If I don't gain weight this month I'll be astonished.

((HUGS)) to all who want them.
Check my meter to see my progress.
T. Destiny
25% down - 75% to go.... EEEK!

Glad to be a motivating force!  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker