I wondered this morning if I am a victim of my own misplaced loyalties. What keeps me going is the thought of the children. Do teachers make that big an impact in children's lives? I mean, should I continue to care that my kids can recite a list of teachers that they remember teaching them at this school? Or is it enough that they CAN recite the list, thereby attributing legendary status to each teacher who, for whatever reason, no longer works with them. I think the trick is (and Dr.D agrees) to find a minimal job with a nice stable ARC and then go rack up the big money on privates. For my own reasons, I haven't done that yet but it looks more appealing every day.
I ponder this on a grey cloudy and chilly morning. The temperature has been hovering under 20 for the last couple of days and I've broken out the long-sleeved shirts for the first time since March. I'm trying to figure out how I'll steel myself for January in Alberta. It's traditionally the coldest month, right next to February. *grins* I think that alone will send me packing back to Taiwan.
Oh, my novel is hovering around 27,000 this morning. Big fat happy smiles about that. AND I had french toast for supper last night. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but man - cracking open that container of Canadian Maple Syrup that weighs five pounds and that I've been lugging around Taiwan for almost a year was a satisfying moment. Unlike the simulated syrup they have here, this is the real stuff! Thank you Costco. *lol* I live five minutes from Costco here and I hauled this syrup direct from the C in Calgary. Too funny.
Enough rambling. I'm still not convinced all is above board with my company today. Cross your fingers that this all works out in the end.
Cheers.
T. Destiny