Greetings All,
After the false start a couple of weeks ago I have now OFFICIALLY had my last grade 6 classes. Two out of the three classes almost had me in tears. I was
so sentimental I want to roll my eyes at myself. I really am fond of these kids. One of the classes sent some of the students to our office and gave all of us teachers a cute teddy bear with a sign that says "you will be missed" on it. The reverse of the card has a picture of the class.
Tonight's plan to do dinner with a friend has gone awry and I face an unplanned stretch of time that really doesn't hold a lot of appeal for me right now. On a whim at lunch I sent a resume off to a corporation in Calgary that is looking for a graphic artist. It only signals that I'm not 100% certain of my future plans. I suspect that unless a
fantastic job in Calgary jumps onto my plate, I'll be on my way back to Taiwan in the middle of August.
There are jobs here beckoning for my attention including one that is so eager that they'll meet almost any of my demands. I'm a little leary of that kind of eagerness. My current company has again disappointed me with their lack of professionalism. It is astounding that a company that makes their living hiring teachers would be so devious in their dealings. The company is technically in breach of contract with me and I won't recommend them for any other teachers in the future. It's sad really as the schools they represent seem to be of high calibre.
If you call me at 6 am my time I'll answer. Most of the time I'm up by then anyway. I'm not always at my best until about 6:15 though. *smiles* I really do feel like a morning person in the grand scheme of things. I'm much less tired now that my mosquito net is up.
I keep looking for your e-mail. You know who you are!
((HUGS))
T. Destiny