Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Wednesday, June 15, 2005
145 It's possible
I promised myself when I came to Taiwan that McD's is last-resort food. McDonald's breakfast this morning was a warm, friendly hug. The McMuffin tasted amazing. I can close my eyes and relive the road trips with my good friends J +Em that started with this self-same McMuffin back in Calgary. The warm and happy feeling that came with that first couple of bites almost made me weep.


Incidentally, I've tried calling a few people in the last couple of weeks only to get bad connections. So if the phone rings and you don't hear someone - it's probably me. I can hear the "Hello. Hello? Is anyone there?" clear as a bell. Alas, nobody can hear my response... "Hello! Can you hear me? I miss you. I'll try some other time." Inside I cry out "I'm still out here. Don't forget about me."

I miss my friends and I'm emotional this morning. Only one month from now I'll be on a plane heading back to Canada and I wish it were tomorrow, if not today. Not because I hate Taiwan. Indeed, I love it here. I'm just sad right now.

Wednesdays aren't terribly busy for me but I have a couple of ambitious grading projects that I want to get under-way before the end of the week so will focus on that instead of McDonald's, road trips, and missing friends.

Don't feel sad for me. Smile instead - I have friends to miss.
T. Destiny
McMuffin Memory Maker

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker