Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, June 14, 2005
144 - Inconceivable
I didn't think it possible, but today I felt terribly fond of my challenging students. I actually felt empathy for these kids for a moment. Am I getting an insight into the mind of a rowdy teenage boy? They were just as loud and rambunctious as ever but the longer I spend with them the more I like them. I don't really believe they mean to be bad. Maybe naughty and mischievous but not BAD. I really think it's the hormones. When I hammered it home today with some of the misbehaving kids that they were going to fail my class they actually had the decency to look concerned.

I'm feeling antsy this week and needed to take my mind off life yesterday. Thus proving that, yes, prolonged thinking will eventually break your brain. Yesterday I decided to splurge and went to the movies to escape. I like Taiwan's theaters where you're assigned a reserved seat. Get there early enough and you'll always get to pick where you want to sit and for an extra 85 cents you can book on-line. Movies here are about $10 Cdn. per ticket but the concession offers much better value than at home.

Last night I saw "Kingdom of Heaven" with Orlando Bloom. (His eyes are so wonderfully expressive.) I've always enjoyed historical fiction so found the content of the movie was interesting. I did wonder why people are moved to commit horrible atrocities in the name of God. Doesn't it occur to people that killing isn't the answer? In blind passion we are as bad as animals. Of course that destroyed the pure escapism of the movie experience.

Interestingly the ticket-taker decided to hold a 5 minute one-sided conversation with me. My Chinese is still unmastered. (Okay it's not even begun!) I giggled and smiled and let him finish then walked into the theatre. I started thinking that he could have been either flattering me or insulting me and I have NO idea what he was saying. He smiled and the attention felt good so I'll assume it was flattery of some kind. *shrugs* Often body language speaks the intent more than words and I am pretty good at faking understanding.

Nothing more of note can be said. Torrential rains are still mildly intriguing. Mosquitos are breeding like crazy in the hot humid weather. I'm grateful for the mosquito net and the brilliance in finally hanging the thing. Tonight - I'm wasting my evening talking about life here instead of going to live it.

oh... another earthquake tremor right now... little bitty one

Bless you all for caring enough to read my chatty posts.
Cheers
T. Destiny

Teenage girls Hormones are Just as Bad I Assure you Misses Vaginal know it all !!! I am a Handsome teacher and have had to ward off the stares and inneundos from many Hormonal teenage girls too~So paleeez Dont blame the boys Testosterone Just cuz you Dont Have any " Balls" Missy...lol  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker