Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, June 03, 2005
It's Friday again
Friday morning dawns and I open my eyes to see my canopy of netting and feel a little like I'm camping as I listen to the birds on the rooftop singing. After a refreshing shower and a little light reading I dress and go out to face the muggy morning. What greets me on my doorstep is a view of the mountains across the river and I smile to see the clouds draped around the base of the green hills. It really is a beautiful view. (Especially if you ignore the construction that partially obscures the sight-line.) This morning I am filled with a thankfulness for what I do have.

It's 7 am and the temperature is already 29 with a humidity of 79%. I am swimming through the air and thinking, "I should have brought my umbrella." Yet I cheerfully swing down the street and stop for a "jin dian" or egg sandwich. I catch a bus that I don't ordinarily take just for variety and do a little more reading.

My junior high coordinator peeks in on my first class. I'm teaching "advertising, consumers, and commercials." The girls are pretending not to understand when yesterday the ordinarily rambunctious boys were full of information on the topic. I change tactics and start handing out the worksheets and then let them ask me quesitons. It works, and by the end of class I had some really creative groups starting work on dialog for their own t.v. commercials that they'll act out in class. It's drama but I am falling back on my specialty in advertising for t.v. as a basis for their final project. 3 weeks from now I look forward to some interesting presentations.

Today I also decorated my first bulliten board at the school. I'm so proud of the artistic efforts and skills of my students. I hope some of them really keep making strides in their art as they are clearly talented individuals. I'm also pleased that 4 out of 6 classes managed to turn their assignments in on time. I've left space on the board for the other two classes.

Have to run off to do other work things but know that I'm thinking of Calgary and my other friends all over the world.

T. Destiny
Teaching in Taipei

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker