Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, June 02, 2005
132 - Waking with a Bang (edited)
Woke with a BANG this morning at 12:30 am. An Earthquake made the building jump. The newspaper this morning reports the magnitude at 6.0.
I'd have to say this was the most frightened I've been by a quake. Perhaps because this is the highest up (13th floor) I've been? The shake was a little teeth rattling. It lasted about 30 seconds like most quakes I've been through. I tell you being on drugs that already simulate what your body does in a panic situtation in addition to real fear creates a buzz. All is well though... aside from being jolted out of a sound sleep there is no damage to me or the world around me.

According to the usgs site the magnitude of the quake was 5.4 and the epicenter was 70 km (45 miles) SE of T'AI-PEI

Mosquito Slayer! Success - the mosquito net is hung. It even stayed up during the earthquake. :) Yay. A sound sleep with no buzzing in the ears. I also got a mosquito atomizer which gently(?) releases bug poison into the air. I splurged the extra $2 cdn and got the one on the timer so I can have it run 2-4-8 hours.

My official bug bite counter just keeps going up and up. Thanks to a fellow blogger's comment I've discovered that I'm being bitten by fire-ants. The bite is painful but turns into a pimple in about an hour. I've watched this happen I just didn't know what was biting me until now. I bought ant traps and laid them out last night. The ant free-way was noticably reduced this morning.

A busy day in the office today. I have my final exams for 3 classes and I'll be sad to see them go. Yet it should give me time to focus on the pile of grading that comes at the end of a section.

Hugs to all that want them.

T. Destiny
Mosquito Slayer

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker