Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
123 - Happy V Day
A belated Happy Victoria Day to my friends in Canada. I had to think twice when my sister mentioned a long weekend to realize that it is the official start of the summer camping season back in Alberta. I read on-line today about the Queen's visit and had to laugh when I heard it was cold and rainy - at least it wasn't snow!

I had a enjoyable supper last night with a person who is becoming a good friend. It was nice to just relax and have a calm quiet and intellectually stimulating visit with someone. Of course there was the potential work agenda as the overall reason to get together but everything worked itself out nicely to a meeting of the minds. Suffice to say when I come back I still have options.

I am trying not to count the days until I return home as I think that is counter-productive to my life here. I enjoy Taipei as a city and a place to live. The culture here is palpable and not just because it is different from home. I think the cross-straight tensions really cause the Taiwanese to put more effort into their national identity than the more laid-back Canadians. There are a few different scenarios in my mind that could make me stay back in North America but all of them unlikely to happen.

I dream of getting in a car and taking a road trip from Calgary to Saskatoon. The sound of tires on pavement while I drive down the arrow straight road is something that I fantasize about. I can close my eyes and see the miles of fields, trees and rolling hills and I must smile from the thought of it. I am looking forward to some time in a car with a stereo as my companion.

Mercifully today has cooled off with a good rain shower. It is still t-shirt weather but there is none of the scorching heat that had me disconnected from logical thought yesterday. I think I am fortunate I'll be leaving Taiwan during the hottest month of the year (July).

Best of wishes to you all.
T. Destiny in Taiwan.

YOU MET A POTENTIAL LOVER SO PALEEZ DONT LABEL IT AS A MEETING OF THE MINDS OR SOME OTHER CANADIAN NICETY ITS QUITE INSULTING DEAR ;(  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker