Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, May 26, 2005
125 I dream
QUACK

QUACK

QUACK





Today I dare to dream of a luxurious weekend somewhere in a castle. I stumbled across this Celtic Castle Website and it has filled my head with romantic notions that I doubt will be fulfilled in 2005. Perhaps next year? Maybe when I fall rich? *laughs* Comparing the Taiwanese dollar to the English pound is just flat out frightening.

Cherry Blossoms
Famous cherry blossoms.

My head is pounding today and I'm just the last of a round of teachers getting big headaches in the last 2 weeks. I wonder if the weather has something to do with it. From 43 above on the weekend to only 25 today. The locals say that Taipei's weather is like a mother-in-law's temper. Make of that what you will. I suspect my headache is due to not drinking enough water today.

Bird in Blossoms
Yellow birds enjoying the nectar in the blossoms.

Yesterday I went home and took a nap thinking that I'd get up in half an hour. I did get up to change into pjs and go back to sleep 3 minutes later. *laughs* I ended up going to bed around 7 pm and getting up this morning at 5:30 am. I slept solidly and soundly. I believe in letting your body do what it has to do to get by so I don't consider it time wasted. If my body needs the same tonight I'll do it again. After those weeks of bad sleep last month I'm enjoying the deep slumber I'm having right now.

Oh, you want to know about the duck? He's my constant traveling companion. A recent discussion at the office about Flat Stanley reminded me of some of my Duckling photos. Anytime I look at Duckling I think of my sister back home. He was one of the last items to get packed and he's never been left behind. He's been to a lot of different places in Taiwan. Here he is pictured at the "eternal bridges" in Taroko Gorge. The place is "gorgeous!" I had planned to add more pictures but my photo site has routine maintenance scheduled for the funny time of 4:00 am MST so no such luck for you. *smiles* I just had time enough to get these few pics of the cherry blossoms up. Enjoy!

T. Destiny in Taipei

Thanks for the advice. Luckily I've never had a problem with amusing myself.

I should be starting my TESOL in either June or July after which I will be volunteering at an ESL college here to get my feet wet.

JET wouldn't like me. I hav the disadvantage of not havng a Bachelor's degree. JET is also losing favour among Japanese schools due to the high cost of their services.

From what I understand Taiwan and South Korea are the only 2 countries that a degree is required by law. If this is different please let me know.

Feel free to use my email. It may be easier than blogging comments although seeing a comment under a post does give me a wonderful ego boost even if it is only one.  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker