Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
130 Hostels, Laundry & Art
The hostel where I spent a month is advertising on-line and my old room is famous. Okay, maybe not famous but there's a picture of the old BLUE hostel room with the advertisement. When I stayed there even the bed linens were blue not boring white like the photo.

When I eyed the pile of my laundry in the corner of the room this morning I thought more about having somebody else doing it. It sounds so appealing. I know having a maid has been enjoyable. I dated someone who used the "bachelor" service at home in Canada and this is no different. I'm just shy about letting a stranger wash my private things. Even if it is a professional. I guess I could always do that part of the laundry myself and leave the bulk of it to the pro.

There was an invitation from a class to their graduation celebration waiting on my desk at the end of the day. It will be with mixed feelings that I leave school at the end of the year. I am very fond of my students. I certainly appreciate having had this time to get to know so many young people on their way to bigger things. A friend reminded me today that it is only fitting that I continue to challenge my abilities by searching out another adventure to pursue.

Tomorrow I have an art assignment due from my elementary students and I'm holding my breath to see what they have done. I've been thinking more and more about returning to Canada to get either a teaching degree with an art focus or maybe just an ECE certificate and starting an after-school art program. Art could become a major focus of my life. I certainly have been leaning that direction since I started teaching. Of course I've also toyed with many other ideas in my life so please, please, don't quote me on this a year from now.

*blowing warm kisses across the seas*
Be well loyal readers.
T. Destiny in Taipei

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker