Thanks all for the concern in posts/email. I'm really okay and my eye didn't go all quasimodo on me during class. I'm dead tired but can not seem to drag myself away from the computer. Even turning off the air-conditioning hasn't made me move. (It's a strategy I use when I'm trying to leave but reluctant to go.) I've had the urge all afternoon to do an art project but am procrastinating badly on going home because then I have to face once again the kitchenless surroundings. I'm getting a little tired of having to decide what to eat out.
Okay, that sounds odd coming from me but my recent trip to ChangHua and sharing a kitchen with my friend Jeremy for a couple of days has me spoiled into wanting a food prep area. Not to mention how luxurious it was to take a simple BATH in the morning. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my rooftop apartment. The view is one that I appreciate more every day and it's nice not having next door or upper floor neighbors. I just am realizing what is important to me in a living situation. Turns out that music, food and baths are starting to rate higher and higher in my life. :)
It's good knowing what you're missing. I think most times we take our comfort for granted. I know coming to Taiwan has been very cathartic for me. No television, no radio or cd player, no computer and then suffering multiple bug bites, earthquakes and showering with just a curtain and a drain by the toilet has sponsored some real big thinking sessions. Face it, what else am I going to do? So maybe, just maybe, my sanity isn't slipping. Hey, here's a question - do you know what YOU'RE missing?
BTW - I love the spell check on blogger - it tries to replace cathartic with saturates? *snorts*
Until the morrow I'll drag my butt out of this place.