Greetings All,
Another hot and humid Monday morning. I just watched my blog counter turn over 2 hits while I re-read my Friday post. Yes, I'm self indulgent enough that I'll read what I've posted. Of course it is in the guise of looking for those coveted
comments. Lo and behold people I didn't think were reading are still out there! Teacherme123@yahoo.com if you ever want to really write me. Again, no stalkers need apply!
Sunday's trip to the Dragon Boat Festival was aborted by a few things. For one it was pouring rain. There is more water pressure in the rain here than in my shower. I had an umbrella on Saturday when it began to rain and still ended up soaked from head to toe with sneakers that go "squish squish." I'm not sure how long those will take to dry out...
The second reason I didn't go to the Dragon Boat Festival is that I was napping. Seems that while they end before 10 pm all the school functions still require a degree of energy that has left me tired. The last reason is that I spent some time on the phone with my loving sister. Somebody tell her to get a long-distance plan!
Saturday night I spent with one of my six grade 4 classes. They had a magician and a wonderful little show in thanks for their homeroom teacher. The way the school system works here is that you get the same homeroom teacher for 2 years in a row and then you "graduate" to a new one. Grade 1+2, 3+4, 5+6 are all paired together. So I'm the lucky teacher in grade 4 that gets the honour of being invited to the thank you parties for the homeroom grade 4 teachers. I really can't wipe the smile off my face. I somehow instinctively know the spirit of what is being said without knowing the actual words sometimes. I find myself entranced at these events where I get to see my students perform, sing, or give readings. It is really endearing.
Sunday night was at the Taipei American Club. I was admiring their pool facilities. With no bathing facilities being fully immersed in water is more and more appealing. I might have to find a spa with a whirlpool or something. Maybe another trip to Jeremy's to take a bath? I know when I land in LA for my layover the bath will be the first thing I go for in my hotel.
Good news - I got my package from my parents for my birthday. It was filled with what I imagine are prizes for my students. That's a great thing because I have to give out prizes for my best class at the end of the year and wasn't sure what to do. I now have a wonderful supply of Canadian pencils and candy that should almost cover all 43 students in a class.
Well, must run, it's Monday morning and I have to have my students review for a test which requires me to write a review sheet. I have to make this work with a minimum of time - the school got a virus in the computers last week and we've all been scrambling since then.
((HUGS))
Best of wishes
T. Destiny