Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, June 10, 2005
140 More Mail
I'm resisting the urge to do a little dance of joy. I received mail both yesterday and today! A juicy 4 page letter from back in Canada and a delightful card and photos from England have made their way to my desk at the school. Rumour has it there is a package for me too, but the jr. high coordinator is out for the day and she is the only one who has information about it. *snorts* I waited around for her last night but she was deep in conversation on the phone and I wanted to go while there was still daylight left. It is odd being in a climate where daylight ends at 6-6:30. I'm used to Alberta where sundown can be at 10:00 pm.

Taipei by night from my rooftop
My view of Taipei 101.

The earth is still doing tiny minor tremors as I write this post. It's almost nauseating. The other night the bus ride home was so bumpy and lurching that I had to recall my days of an unsettled stomach.I used to get motion sickness when I was a kid while we drove around in the car. My stomach clenches just thinking about it. *laughs* I wonder if I get seasick? I'm consindering a little trip to a town on the other side of the Keelung River which leads into Taiwan Straight and it requires a ferry journey.

Mitsokoshi Building by night
My view of the Mitsokoshi Building.

This weekend is the big Dragon Boat Festival. I have a party for Grade 4 on Saturday night and a party for Grade 6 on Sunday night. I'm hoping to get to the festival on Sunday afternoon. The good thing about school parties is that they're pretty tame compared to last weekends roof-top bash. I'm sure there will be no police shining flashlights in the innocent faces of my students.

On my roof
This is me in my party dress at home after the event at the Grand Hyatt. I used a 4 second exposure and a small flash to fill in my features. The shadow on my face is my bangs fluttering in the breeze during the long exposure. I'm surprised the dress looks frozen in place. I thought it would look more flowing but because of the flash what I've achieved is kind of a "cut and paste" feel. It is fun to experiment with night-photography and it has been my hobby of the week.

I forgot to mention - I'm turning brown. *grins* I may be darker than ever before. Of course, compared to other people I'm still pretty pale but when I compare my still bone-while legs with my nicely tanned arms there is a visible difference.

When I post pictures I just spend WAY too much time here. *laughs* It's Friday and I've got some serious test making to accomplish so I'll leave you with one last picture of the basket that all the teachers at the grade 6 event on Wednesday received.
My basket of orchids
A gift basket with a live orchid - one of Taiwan's special flowers.

dang babe your legs are kind of Nice looking !!! I Wish I could have seen more of them :)  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker