I survived the graduation ceremony. It was FOUR HOURS of almost non-stop Chinese. I think there was close to 500 words of English in all that time. All the while having to smile and applaud like you understand and are enjoying yourself. Talk about acting! My brain is still trying to recover from the most
boring thing I have endured in Taiwan thus far. It would have been better if I didn't have to sit through 150 or so Grade 9 photo ops when I haven't had a single one of them as a student this year.
The day ended mercifully around 6 oclock and I don't think I could have gotten out of there faster. I really could have enjoyed it more if there was any way I could have stood for even 5 minutes in the middle. My visually stimulated brain got tired of studying the light on the multitudes of flowers and then moved to the parents in the gallery then down to the stage again and finally I just ended up staring blankly at nothing. Yipes. I tried my best to keep from looking terminally bored though.