Nativity update: I have completed 6 panels, inked and ready to colour. My brain is drained of all desire to pick up a pencil and sketch. Even the thought of painting isn't appealing. At the moment, I want nothing more than to write more on my novel, but that would require some solitude which I can not have right now.
A new roommate has been moved into the Tile Palace. That makes 3 and a half of us rattling around this place. The extra half is a girlfriend to my other male roommate. She wanders in and out at strange times and sometimes takes a hand at cleaning. The new body in the house throws off familiar routines. He's still unemployed and bouncing around the house getting settled in. However, he seems a nice fellow and we have struck up a comfortably chatty relationship. Which is good until I want to be quiet. (YES, it does happen with regularity.)
I am looking forward to my trip with a fierceness that surprises me. The four weeks ahead are looming into the future bleakly. It will be over all too soon and then I'll be complaining about not being packed or knowing what I should take home with me and what I should leave in Taipei. All I know is that I'll be a popsicle inside of five minutes in Calgary.
I have one phrase for tonight's mood: "I need a perception shift."