Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, December 09, 2005
318 - Wasted Energy
Last night was a bad night of sleep. I can't put my finger on why I was tossing and turning and waking up so often. I was going to get an early start this morning on a craft project, but the poor night's rest sent me back to sleep after my alarm rang.

The rain finally ceased after almost a week and this is the first real blue sky I've seen in a while. The temperature has finally risen above 20 and it puts a smile on my face. Good weather affects me this way. The constant drizzle is not fun. I guess I should be glad that it isn't 20 below. *laughs* I remember it was 39 below the day before I left for Taiwan in January... and I managed to weather that without freezing to death. I doubt that I could do it today.

While my perception of warm weather has changed (it's 20 above and I'm comfortable in my light-weight fleece jacket) it occurred to me that food matter doesn't adapt like humans. I came to this conclusion just over a month ago when it was close to 30 above and I had left a carton of milk out for a couple of hours. Food doesn't adjust to the heat at all. Try it for yourself sometime.

I want to write a piece about free time and how our perceptions affect our moods, attitudes and choices in what we do or do not do. I know that there are people in Canada that envy my journey out here and the chances I have to adventure world-wide. I guess I would have to say that you make your own choices. These same people will probably have a retirement fund. I doubt that I will.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker