Happy December First. I feel like somehow it should signify a milestone. Last night just before I went to bed it was double digits below zero in Calgary and still a cheerful 20 above here. I'm gloating over the weather because there is nothing else cheerful for me to talk about this morning.
The school owner mentioned something about a Christmas performance for the parents and I'm cringing... this is not the life of a teacher I had in mind. I want RESOURCES! The fun part of being a teacher isn't trying to dredge up something out of thin air. Yesterday I was cutting apart recycling in order to teach my class. I can ask for a world map for weeks on end and still have to go buy one myself the day of my class. How am I suppossed to teach about the taste of garlic butter or honey with a flashcard?