Perceptions are the only things that matter in this world. What you perceive is your reality. That fact, being established, makes my perception of the current weather my reality. And it is
really, very COLD.
How can one be so cold when it is 13 above? It's wet and part of me expects snow at any given moment. There's no central heating anywhere on the island. My school has a penchant to leave the glass sliding doors WIDE OPEN during this cold rain and we huddle in coats, hats and scarves, blowing on our hands. There is no hot water to wash your hands in either. Oh no, it's cold water all the way. I suddenly have a glimpse of what life as a pioneer must have been like.
I'm not so tough. I thought once, as a teenager, that the kid who went to live in the woods in a hollow log had the whole thing figured out. He ate nuts and seeds and communed with nature. He mentioned it was uncomfortable in his book, but the reality of that must have been miserable. How could I survive in those circumstances?
My fingers are stiffly and slowly moving over the keyboard in a paradoy of my usually swift typing. My nose is running, non-stop to service the cold which I attribute to the recent shift in weather. I'm so glad I got out of the city when I could on the weekend. The trip back into Taipei on Sunday afternoon just about froze me solid. I actually only drove halfway then hopped onto the MRT, where conveniently the A/C was running.
I am so thrilled that I brought an electric blanket. If it weren't for the ridiculous need for me to put in another 5 hours at the office, I'd be under my blankets right now.
Hoping you're warmer than I.
T. Destiny