Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, December 16, 2005
325 - Old Socks
"I have great relatives." It's a statement you don't hear very often but I'd like to use it today. Out of the clear blue open came two Christmas packages this week. Sorry folks, but I was too greedy to wait for Christmas to tear into them. They were both filled with good things to eat from home. And my sister's package had the added bonus of some warm clothing. I particularly appreciated a pair of my socks that I apparently left at home. It gave me the wonderful gift of a big laugh. Nothing says Merry Christmas like old socks.

I think I'm the envy of my roommate who hasn't recieved a Christmas package. I compensated by giving him a box of Reese's Pieces. He seemed happy with the offering. My sister and aunt were both generous with the food stuffs and I've only a month before I go home for a visit. I can well afford to be kind to those with less awesome relatives.

Nothing extraordinary is happening right now. My kids are in love with "Jingle Bells." I'm trying hard not to get too sick of it. Only one week left before the big performance. Thank goodness for that. I'm drawing the story of nativity in simplified cutesy characters that everybody seems to love.

I've officially slept with gloves on for the first time in my life. I can't complain about 15 above during the days, it's bearable. However, when my concrete and tile monolith of an apartment starts to cool down for the night there is shivering to spare. *wry grins* High humidity with single digit temperatures is not easy to take. I think I'll be hauling my space heater from Canada back with me in my return trip.

On behalf of myself, the great procrastinator, sorry in advance for the late Christmas cards. Merry Christmas and Happy Old Socks to you.

Warm thoughts,
T. Destiny

Have you introduced them to the classic version?

Jingle Bells, Batman smells,
Robin laid an egg..

I'm sure you know the rest...  

_____________________

*covering her ears*
No! I might be crazy but I'm not that masochistic. I'll let them in on the "classic lyrics" the day before Chistmas. :)  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker