Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, December 22, 2005
331 - Morning View
I had a thought last night that I'm not reaching my teaching potential here. That maybe I should be back in school. That all along I have sold myself short of my real abilities. On some level it is true. Saying that I have fallen into the trap of becoming a teaching monkey who sings, dances and performs on cue is not entirely accurate, but it doesn't feel far off the mark. (Yes, I know I'm my own worst critic.) I remember fondly my teaching gig in the summer where I interacted with University students who wanted to learn and had the vocabulary to articulate that desire. It's enough to make me reassess my future plans. Fortunately, I anticipated this uncertainty in my life so these thoughts don't disturb me. When don't I question my decisions?

My other thought this morning is a concern for my health. When you start putting sick days into a column and well days into another you know that something isn't adding up. I've been sick over 10% of the year here. Most of that sickness has come since September. I think the body talks when the mind does not. Today, it sounds like my lungs are doing a remake of the bronchitis chorus from last month. Wheee! It's not fun.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker