Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, July 07, 2005
167 - Apartment Hunting
Greetings All,

I had a humourous observation this morning that I can no longer remember about the differences between Taiwan and Canada. Um.... my brain is swiss cheese in this heat. I was leaving my apartment this morning in jeans and a t-shirt and after about 10 seconds on my balcony went inside to change. Jeans are not suitable clothing for this weather. The last 3 days have been record setting for power usage in Taipei because of the amount of a/c used during this heat wave. The nights are rarely falling below 26 Celsius and the days are cruising to highs in the low 40 range. It's warm. As suspected I'm spending a lot of time dodging from air conditioning to air conditioning. All the loafing isn't doing any good for my weight but then the heat is helping me be more fussy about what I'm eating.

I'm not regretting my decision to stay in Taiwan. I have things to do here and am busy trying to organize my visa trip to Thailand to get out of the heat for a week or so. I'll be starting my new job near the end of the month and moving to Keelung at the end of July. I've a friend with a SUV to help me move. Not that it will take much to move my 3 suitcases and a small box of books, but still it's a lot better than lugging it all to the bus station. I remember how uncomfortable the trip to ChangHua was loaded down with all my luggage.

No new books right now - though I'm rereading "Arabian Nights" courtesy of my roommate's bookshelf. She's been generous enough to allow me to borrow books and I'm grateful for the cheap entertainment. Thailand is going to be my pampering time so I'm still keeping my spending under control.

Bless you all for your insights and concerns. I'll miss that Tim Hortons a while longer it seems.
Take care.
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker