Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, July 04, 2005
164 - Independence Day
Happy July 4 to my American Readers. I spent the weekend doing some hiking. Saturday in YangMingShan area and Sunday out at Jioufen. It was kind of nice to wake up and not do anything this morning while the rest of the world churns and spins around me.

Sunday's "hike" was more of a stroll along a crowded street until I found a quaint Japanese style restraunt and stopped to share tea with my friend Phil. Jioufen is an incredibly quaint little town that most people would typify as the stereotype of Taiwan. Green trees and a stunning view of the coastline dotted with old cottages. It's all very scenic. (I'm babbling!)

In contrast, Saturday's walk was a sweat dripping adventure through the forest (I say JUNGLE) of Yang Ming Shan. I kept falling further and further behind the younger group. Partly because I'm out of shape, but mostly because I kept oggling the local flora and fauna as I stopped to take photos. I maintain this is why I hike better when I'm alone because I'm more interested in the nature than the people. In the end the bugs got the better of me and I texted the leader that I was heading back to base. Unfortunately he had already hiked beyond cell-phone range and didn't get my message until he returned. Ooops. At least I tried to let them know I was okay. I got some neat BUG pictures of dragonflies, butterflies and spiders.

I'm in a decision mood today. It just doesn't make financial sense for me to pack up and return to Canada to couch surf. I really want to go home on many levels but it is not what I should be doing in my heart. I haven't had breakfast yet... don't quote me. I might just take a week to explore Thailand and then come back and start working. On the job front, it looks like I'll be accepting a job with the company that wasn't in a position to hire me in February. It means moving to my cousin's old home - Keelung. Rainiest city in Taiwan - I must be crazy.

More later... back to internet cafe's and limited time!
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker