Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, June 27, 2005
157 - Kaohsiung Bound
Okay, I've made my decision. Unless something AMAZING pops up I'm going to do the one week summer camp in Kaohsiung from July 11-15. They're going to pay my return fare and provide private accommodations at Cheng-Ching Lake. All I have to do is talk about Western expectations, lifestlye, songs, culture et al. and hang out and be one of two "English" speakers for a week with a bunch of university students who actually want to be there. For this amazingly difficult job I'll be making the same salary I make here at the school sweating over exams. I think this will be a very good experience. It might push me over the edge into pursuing a teaching career.

Now that I've made that decision it only gives me a week in Taipei to pack and make other choices about next year. I have an interview tonight with a bushiban just down the street that sounds pretty darned attractive. And I still have the job in Banqiao to think about. I'm so glad I'm not stressed.

I'm looking forward to perogies with sour cream as a side dish. Along with sald and ranch dressing. All they use here is Thousand Island and that's on the rare occasion where you can find salad!

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker