Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, July 14, 2005
Summer Camp Day 4
Thursday was my day at camp. I had to teach Drama for 3 hours. I have never had so much fun in front of a class. The games and activities I had planned all were recieved with enthusiasm and participation. I felt great and the students were all laughing and smiling by the end of the morning.

That afternoon we headed toward the paint-ball arena. I must say it was a blast. I kept thinking that I couldn't believe I was getting paid to do this. Even though I still hurt 4 days later I had so much fun that I'd gladly do it all over again. I got shot by one student twice in the civil war portion of the game where you have to stand 40 meters away from an opponent and shoot at each other. He has good aim. I don't. Finally when we got to run and duck for cover I ended up shooting two of my students and was one of the last 3 people on the field. I may not have great aim but I know when to shoot and when to hide. It was a great experience and we have plans to re-unite in the future to repeat the event. Hopefully I'll be able to make the 5-6 hour bus ride down to join in.

We followed paintball with rock-climbing and then a exhilerating zip-line ride. We certainly packed a lot of activities into a day. I skipped rock-climbing because I got shot in the trigger finger and it was both swelling as well as bleeding a little. Yes, I went to summer camp and got wounded multiple times! *laughing* I'm currently covered in all kinds of bruises. I had a great time!

The night ended with a celebration and a party. We had fireworks, aboriginal dancing around a bonfire, games and dancing. We were all outfitted with glowsticks and there were some really funky dance moves being demonstrated. I turned in after being delivered my medical supplies and chatting with some of the students until around midnight. They went on to sing and play cards until the wee hours of the morning.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker