Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, February 04, 2005
Tainan continues
Greetings all,
For some reason I'm not into going to Kaoshing today. I think the lack of sleep last night has a lot to do with it.
I had a hard night and this morning met my first roach of the trip. Cockroach that is. Not very big, but kind of cute.... if you squinted and prettended it was a cartoon. Of course, crawling out from under my breakfast tray was something I couldn't quite rationalize. I figured if I can't take one bug... then I might as well turn and go home to Canada! Feeling a bit blue, but my Grandma & Grandpa called and it was a clear enough signal that I understood most of what was being said. It really lifted my spirits.

I'm moving hotels today. I'll go either to another town or just across town to a quieter area. I'm still making up my mind. I'm right on the railway tracks and while it is quiet from midnight to 6 am I've found the airconditioner sounds exactly like a mosquito! And yes, Tainan is mosquito filled even at this time of year!

I haven't seen the Anping area of town yet and thought that if I get checked in somewhere new that it should not be a problem to grab a taxi and head off there to more touristy stuff. Working up the courage again to move from the familiar streets to the unfamiliar. A westerner who's been here 9 years doesn't recommend Tainan to live in, but another couple did... I think I'll just have to find a place that is right for me.
Unsure as to my time left, so I will post this now.
Love and hugs.
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker