Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, January 24, 2005
Day 4 - It's almost normal
Monday in local time. My time. Taiwan time. And I suddenly realize that the men and women on the scooters that I pass are normal people. People like me. People who go to their everyday jobs, do their banking and go home to their family at the end of the day. While they may do so in a different language than I'm used to this is their country and their world is much the same as mine has been. Granted, their culture is different, but down in the heart of the matter they are the same as I am.

Not much too tell today. Went to the local city of Taichung and experienced their new box store. Much of the merchandise was at a similar price to Canadian prices. (Once you do the math.) All in all an enjoyable trip... and wonderful day. Very peaceful day. Almost learned how to say "train," but have already forgotten the proper pronunciation. Ah well, trains come and go too. *smiling*

I'm really starting to appreciate this as a vacation and can almost embrace it as such. Though, I did have a peek at the want ads today as I'm aware that as Chinese New Year comes closer there will be even more foreigners alighting looking for teaching positions. Maybe I'm not embracing the vacation as much as I thought I was. *smiling for a moment as she ponders that*

A good day today I await tomorrow. I also await feedback on this blog. While it is a wonderful thing to write, it is also equally good to know someone is reading. So dear reader, I invite your questions and kind commentary alike.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker