Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, September 24, 2004
The Eternal Question
Why is is that we sabatoge ourselves? I mean, I've been preparing to go overseas since July and with one fell swoop I've stopped completely. The lack of response from the school when I contacted them to say that I was unable to go because the time-line was too tight has disenfranchised me to some extent. More than all that I've been wallowing in "I'm STUCK" mode since the decision. It hasn't been good for my frame of mind.

Fortunately, friends have been sticking it to me by phoning and forcing me to be social! I guess that having people around isn't such a bad thing after all. I'm learning to connect. I have to say, It's a hoot! And hey, the dating life isn't all that bad either. Even though when I watched Oprah last night (a rarity for me) I discovered that "he's just NOT that into me." There's a rare surprise - NOT - despite that, life goes on after all. And yes, there are other fish in the sea. (I know cliche!)

So the long and short of the rambling thought is that once I recognized today that I've been moping around because I gave up something I was passionate about I went about to change it. I've registered to get my shots in October and am rejuvinated again by thoughts of warmer climes.

Be good until next time!

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker